Scholarship Application Procedures
Submission Deadline is April 30, 2018 – 12:00 pm CDT
PLEASE READ ALL ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING.
TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
Eligibility Requirements for ALL Scholarships:
· Applicants (with the exception of non-RN category applicants) must be a current members of the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) in good standing in order to apply for an ENA Foundation Scholarship.
· Non-RN category applicants are not required to be ENA members, but must submit a letter of reference from a current ENA member in good standing.
· A minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is required for consideration.
· Applicants must be attending a NLN, AACN or CCNE accredited school and must provide verification of the schools current accreditation.
· Two letters of recommendation are required for each scholarship category. One letter must be from a current ENA member.
· With the exception of doctoral and Elizabeth B. Moore applicants, previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply under the same category. However, qualified previous recipients may apply for the next category. Previous doctoral scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply in the doctoral category.
· ENA members having served in the immediate past three years on the ENA board of directors, ENA Foundation board of trustees, or ENA Foundation scholarship selection committee are ineligible to apply.
· The current members of the ENA Board of Directors, ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee as well as the individuals that have served in such positions in the immediate past three (3) years and the spouses and children* of all such individuals are ineligible to apply for a scholarship.
· *For purposes of eligibility, "children" are defined as natural, legally adopted, stepchildren or grandchildren.
Application Submission Instructions:
Step 1: Create an Account
Step 2: Fill out your Scholarship Application
Applicants may only apply under one category and only one application per category is allowed.
Categories: Non-RN, Undergraduate (RN to BSN), Graduate/Master and Doctoral. Select the scholarship category you wish to apply for and the scholarship type (if applicable).
Step 3: Document Uploading
Upon completion of your application form and information, you will be asked to upload the following documents in a PDF format.
· Copy of EMT badge/card (if applicable)
· Copy of Nursing License(s) (if applicable)
· Copy of ENA Membership card (if applicable)
· Copy of BCEN certification card (if applicable)
· Official transcripts from the educational institution
· Acceptance letter from the institution
· Copy of tuition page from the institution's course catalog or web page
· Doctoral scholarship applicants must submit a receipt or canceled check showing payment for a minimum of 3 credit hours.
· Verification of the educational institution's accreditation
Note: PDF format is required. The file size limit is 5MB.
· To limit file size, scan in the lowest resolution that results in a legible document. Documents comprised of multiple pages should be combined into a single PDF file. If you do not have personal access to a scanner, many office service centers and public libraries may provide you access to one. Click this link to learn how you can save a document as a PDF file.
Step 4: Letters of Reference
Two letters of reference are required (see the application for reference types). Note: Letters of reference must be received and submitted by your recommenders in order to submit your application.
Step 5: Submit your application
Your application is not complete until all the above required documents are submitted via the electronic scholarship site. Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. All information is considered confidential.
Step 6: Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of (i) the content and clarity of their statement or educational and career goals; (ii) professional involvement (e.g., work activities); (iii) community activities (e.g., civic activities); (iv) leadership and participation in ENA and other professional nursing association(s); and (v) the strength and quality of their reference letters. Scholarship recipients will be considered based solely on merit. Financial need is not considered. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
Final selection of scholarship recipients will be made by the ENA Foundation Board of Trustees, based on the recommendations of the ENA Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee. All applicants agree to accept the decision of the ENA Foundation Board of Trustees as final.
Step 7: Payment of Scholarships
Payments will be made after August 1, 2018, and will be sent directly to the appropriate educational institution on behalf of the scholarship recipient.
Step 8: Obligations
Recipients are required to supply the ENA Foundation with complete transcripts and to notify the ENA Foundation of any changes of address, school enrollment changes or other relevant information.
The ENA Foundation reserves the right to terminate any one or more of the scholarships at any time, and to make such changes to scholarship terms, eligibility requirements, processes or procedures at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
Thank you for your interest in the ENA Foundation Scholarship program. Please contact the ENA Foundation at
(847) 460-4100 or via e-mail at ENA.Foundation@ena.org if you have any questions.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS APRIL 30, 2018 - 12:00 pm CDT